Parent Education @ Work
The Parent Education @ Work program is offered at no charge to area businesses at their work-site. Designed to support working parents of young children, our Parent Education Coordinator leads 10 group sessions on various topics of child development, healthy parenting practices, and building stronger families. To participate, contact Parent Education Coordinator at (205) 945-0018 ext. 317.
Employees are offered ten group lunch and learn sessions throughout the year.
Session topics include:
- Philosophy and Practices of Nurturing Parenting
- Ages and Stages of Child Development
- Brain Development
- Communicating with Respect
- Building Self-Worth in Young Children
- Understanding Feelings
- Dealing with Stress
- Discipline Techniques
- Praising Children and Behavior
- Family Morals, Values and Rules
* Individual meetings and links to community agencies, if needed
- Support the Parent Education @ Work program by encouraging parents to enroll
- Provide on-site meeting space for group and individual meetings
Childcare Resources is grateful for the support of our Parent Education @ Work partners:
Children's Trust Fund of Alabama Please support the Children's Trust Fund of Alabama by purchasing a specialty license plate. The net proceeds are used to fund child abuse and neglect prevention programs serving children and families in Alabama.
Children's of Alabama, the only medical center in Alabama dedicated solely to the care and treatment of children.
Stories of Change
Childcare Resources is gathering stories from parents about the impact we have had on their family. We would like to hear your story and possibly feature it in an upcoming edition of The Resource, on our website, on social media or in a grant application. Visit the Stories of Change page to learn more and find out how to share your story with us.