As Valentine’s Day approaches, we invite you to join us in spreading love and kindness all year long! Keep reading for nine ways to share your heart with children and families in Central Alabama throughout 2019… without breaking the bank!
- As we wrap up the holiday season, remember that not everyone received the gifts they wanted or even needed this Christmas. Consider donating warm clothes, toys, or gifts that may have gone unused from the holiday. This is a great way to get a head start on spring cleaning! Click here for a list of places in Birmingham to drop off your items.
- Join us in spreading love and kindness to children and families in our community by donating item(s) from our wish list to help offset operational costs, allowing more dollars to further our programs and directly support the children, families, and child care providers we serve each day.
- Be our Valentine and make a donation through Amazon Smile to Childcare Resources on your next Amazon purchase. Click here, select Childcare Resources as your charity of choice, and for every purchase you make, Amazon will donate to our organization!
- Share your heart with children and families in our community by making a special gift to Childcare Resources in the name of someone you love! Click here to make your gift today, and we will send a special card to your loved one letting them know of your generosity!
- Invite a coworker or friend (or stranger!) to coffee to discuss the need for quality care and education of children, how Childcare Resources plays a part in this, and why it’s important to you.
- Consider donating to these charities who also serve children and families in our community:
- Follow us on Facebook and share posts from Childcare Resources in order to build awareness of our agency with your friends and followers.
- Send someone a Valentine’s Day care package with the basic necessities for living (toothbrushes, paper towels, bottled water, bath soap, granola bars, feminine products, etc.) and information about Childcare Resources. Include a note about how there are people in our community who cannot afford these things along with child care, and encourage them to get involved with Childcare Resources to help impact even more families in our community.
- Pick up someone else’s check at a restaurant or pay for the person behind you in the drive thru line. This simple act of kindness has the ability to create a ripple effect of love in our community.
Norbert Harms once said, “The power of giving is greater than the joy of receiving,” and we couldn’t agree more. By sharing your heart with Childcare Resources, you give the power of joy, connection, and compassion to children and families right here in Central Alabama. Click here to share your heart today.